Thursday, January 19, 2012

Forks Over Knives Presents The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue with Rip Esselstyn

I watched this movie on Amazon and paid $3.99 to rent it.

Only to find out that through my Netflix membership I could have watched it for free on instant streaming.

LOL. Oh, well.

Do I recommend you watch it?

Yes, I do!




It is great to help you get a basic understanding of whole foods eating.

And Rip helps you wrap your brain around making a few simple plant-strong meals. Except for his vegan lasagna. It's not simple, my friends. I tried it.

My own version of vegan lasagna soon to come. Its yummier and about a bazillion times easier (especially if you have a food processor.)

And what kind of name is Rip anyway? Am I the only one who has ever thought this? Tell me I am not the only one.

So watch this, and tell me what you think.

Oh, and major disclaimer --- I don't think kids should eat the way Rip talks about.

Enjoy this link for a more realistic way for kids to eat and gain the normal weight that they should.

And look here for ideas on healthy snacks.



Coming soon!

PROJECT VEGAN KIDS

I have friends and family with children who really want to learn how to help kids eat healthy. I have been losing sleep over this, I kid you not. Why? Not knowing what to eat should never come between you and success in optimal health for your family.

I struggle with the same issue. I get in my kitchen. I look around. I see raw veggies and fruit. Grains and nuts.

How do I turn this stuff into what my kids will eat?

Then it hit me last night as I lay sleepless in my bed.

I am going to create a huge picture of the most comprehensive kids food group Pyramid EVER.

Its going to be all in pictures. This does not currently exist.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Or, as Samuel would say. A bazillion gadjillion words.

So that when you get in your kitchen, you take a look at that big picture. And you see your options, how to make them work, and your anxiety is gone.

Along the way I will post kid-friendly meals and pictures.

I may be in way over my head. If I don't succeed, I will let you know.

This will take some time to put together, but I thought you might like to know what I am up to.

Ashlee

2 comments:

  1. HA hA ah!! I know! I watched Forks over Knives and I was like, "what?...RIP???!!" Ha Ha! It's because his parents know they will die before he will and they want some way to let him know that they hope that he will rest in peace when he goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously want to know if that is his real name!

      Delete